I just tossed up a website for my friends label, Waking Records, that i wanted you all to see, not so much for the design (which was slapped together) but for the content.

If you like hardcore/grindcore you should definitely pick up the benefit compilation he just put out. Here's the little blurb from the site:

last year during my first year of teaching at a public middle school in the bronx I was made a lot of promises, and if those promises were kept this record would not have been necessary. a mixed blessing perhaps. i’ve realized that what my students need, i must find a way to provide. all profits from this release will go to supporting after-school art programs at my school.

60 minutes of unreleased or hard to find music from 17 amazing bands that could all fall under the umbrella of hardcore in some way. the cd comes with a 28 page booklet that includes writing done on the need for after school and art programs (done by yours truly so you know it's longwinded) and artwork, info, lyrics, and in some cases more writing on education from the bands.

The packaging is hand screened and cut and looks amazing.... only 1000 available and only $10 shipped in the US.