Some of you saw my web preview (Twisted Melon) a few weeks ago and a couple of people tried really early versions of the software. We've just released version 1.1 and have now also started to actively promote the site/software. This is (obviously) one of the first places I'm sharing this information. I don't think any other forum, not even my own, could ever replace empegBBS for me.

mira (Personal Control for Your Apple Remote)

Quote:

mira is designed exclusively for the Apple Remote, taking it beyond Front Row with personal control over any application. Shipping with built-in support for over 20 applications, new ones can be given their own specific actions in a few seconds with virtually no learning curve and no additional software or plugins to download or install.

mira automatically detects which application is running and matches it with the correct personal settings. If you know how to use your favorite applications with a mouse and keyboard, you can make them work with the Apple Remote.

Additional features:

A versatile (and giant) Launch Menu, that you can see across the room, lets you decide what appears inside it and what it should look like.

Multi Actions supporting short and long press of every button on the Apple Remote for two times the control possibilities. It also supports different actions depending on application state (e.g. DVD Player menu vs. playback)

Keystroke sending to foreground or any specific application, transparent AppleScript launching, special system commands including volume control and more actions to give you truly "Personal Control."

If you guys could help me with the "I told two friends, and they told two friends ...." I'd really appreciate it. I'd be ecstatic if I could get a mention on a couple of more popular personal blogs, let alone Engadget, Gizmodo or digg.

There are a couple of other programs out now that offer some level of control over the other program. To anyone wondering what the differences are, take a look at the web site. Then try the software. I hope it speaks for itself. I didn't leave my full time job to be number 2 at anything.

Bruno