I put up an email form last month to stop spam from coming in to my mailbox from my web site. I posted about this a while back as I had a completely different issue.

The issue right now is that apparently my form doesn't work with Opera (any platform) or IE6 in Windows. Works fine from Safari and Firefox (that I know of) and Camino (which is also Mozilla based).

The form is here: http://twistedmelon.com/contact/contact.php

The form's action is to submit back to itself and then I can do some validation of the fields and if everything is OK I perform the emailing and then send the user to a thank you page. It's a POST method.

The submit button is of type image and carries the name "actn" and a value of "submit" - this is taken from a larger script I implemented for my shopping cart, but the "actn" is basically what should be posted. In the case of this button it's a "submit" which i then check teh value of to find out what should be done. This allows refreshing the page without trying to submit, etc.

In the shopping cart there are other possible values for "actn" which can do things like update the cart, delete items, etc.

Anyway, I think the problem at least with Opera is that the value attribute of the image button is being ignored. So the form submits back to itself but when I check "actn" its value is not submit so the form just re-displays instead of processing and doing its business.

My shopping cart has the same problem on the final "Order Now" button (feel free to try this - don't worry, no sales will go through unless the whole paypal part after that is also completed).

Can anyone offer some advice? I'm pretty stuck on this right now.