It's about this time every year that I start to think about what I (we) want to do next summer, and this time we are thinking of doing something a little different.

I've never done America, and don't think I have the time to do it all in one go. So I think doing it a corner at a time spread over a good few years sounds like a plan! This is partially inspired by Stephen Fry's current series on the BBC.

I have been taking to robricc about a road trip starting in and around the New York area, taking in the sites over a week or so with a couple of days either side in New York itself. During the road trip part itself we would like to do a fair amount of driving each day so we can cover a lot of ground and see lots of different things.

Our budget is going to be very very tight, so this won't we a tour of luxury Hotels of America, but it will be more of a honest American Road Trip. We are thinking about mid to late June 2009.

Any suggestions of places to visit, and things to do? Any interest in joining us, and maybe turning this into an empeg event for next year?

Cheers

Cris.