Is anyone happy about this? So far, in all the coverage, I've yet to see much positivity in this purchase.

All I can tell is that this will be a mess for T-Mobile customers like me. The latest word is that AT&T is telling T-Mobile customers that we'll all have to upgrade our phones. All they're saying is that it'll be part of the "normal upgrade process," which just says to me that they'll "let you" purchase a new AT&T phone subsidized, no matter where in your current contract you are. How nice of them to let us pay another $200. What about people who just bought a new phone? And if this isn't how they'll handle it, I feel it's irresponsible to drop this bombshell on your new customers and not reassure them with something at all concrete.

This will be particularly crummy for me, having spent $550 on my Nexus One. I'd hoped that, when I wanted to upgrade, I'd be able to sell my phone to another T-Mobile customer. Given the condition and the accessories I currently have, I'd easily get $180 currently, which would pay for almost all of a contract price, or go a ways towards a full-price handset. Now my Nexus One is worthless in resale, and I won't have a choice but to upgrade.

Unless the offer is significant, does AT&T really think they'll keep the majority of T-Mobile users when all is said and done? If they're going to force me to spend $200, why would I stay with them instead of going to Verizon?