I've never used Outlook because I hate it, and today I was reminded exactly why I hate it. smile (I've always used Eudora in the past, and when that ended -about 10 years ago- Thunderbird)

Today a coworker of mine asked me if I could help with an email problem. Turned out his provider sent him a mail saying they wouldn't support POP3 anymore, and he had to switch to IMAP. He didn't know how to do this so he asked me. He uses Outlook 2016.

I quickly found out that it's not a simple matter of flipping a switch. It seems once an account was set up as POP3, you cannot switch it to IMAP.

So I created a new account with his exact same data, but as an IMAP. Then I drag and dropped all his POP3 email into the IMAP Inbox folder. The POP3 folders were now empty, so then I went into the account setup and deleted the POP3 account. This went fine, and the IMAP account also works perfectly.

There's just one thing: the old folder and inbox of the POP3 account is still there in the tree view to the left of the screen. Why hasn't it been deleted with the account (which is effectively gone)? Even worse, there seems to be no way of deleting it! Does anybody know how I can get rid of this old entry? It's probably something stupid, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!