To continue the trend, I need help with a big screen TV.

Since my dad bought his monster widescreen TV, he's bestowed me with the 60" big screen that it replaced. The only trouble is that it appears to have some problems.

The main one that I don't know how to fix is with the video. Here's how I would describe what's happening: say you have a picture on the screen entirely made of thin vertical lines about 3 inches from each other. the lines in the middle, say, 75% of the screen are straight. But after that on both sides the lines become progressively wavier, but mostly in the middle of the screen (horizontally). I do not have a good hand for computer graphics or I'd attempt a drawing.

What is causing this? is there anything I can do about it, perhaps, for free?

Also, is there a good way to tell which remote codes will work with certain products in a company's line? For example, I used discrete codes for my dad's new TV in his Pronto, but they're from a different TV. I want to try to do the same thing with this older TV. I can't imagine why Sony would make it this difficult to use discrete codes for their devices. I mean, why hinder your customers, who just spent $5000 on your product, with a remote that doesn't do everything that the TV is capable of??? I now have his Pronto set up for discrete control of power and all 8 inputs. Grr. Sorry for the rant...