This has been making me crazy for the past several weeks and I don't know how to fix it.

Sometime a few weeks ago my tray selection printing default ("General Everyday Printing" in my print options dialog) changed from "Automatically Select" to "Manual Feed in Tray 1". If, in the print options dialog I click the "Reset" button, it resets to the proper default of "Automatically Select", but the next time I open that file it will be back to the "Manual Feed..." option.

Interestingly, this happens with MS Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat files created after this problem arose. Old files will show the correct print options. Newly created files won't print until I change the print options.

Some programs apparently will create new files that have the proper options, Paint.net being one. No doubt there are others that work correctly, and no doubt there are other programs that don't send the correct printer options.

The printer is an HP 2025dn color laser printer, with PCL6 print drivers. SWMBO's iMac prints to the same printer (connected to it through my router) without any problems.

What could be causing this behavior, and how can I fix it?

tanstaafl.