Guys,

I hate iTunes, I really do. But there's no escaping it if you want to manage your tunes with an iPod.

I've got one of these iPad nano's of the latest generation. I think it's a brilliant piece of engineering, but as said, I hate iTunes. I think it's the one of the worst pieces of software I've ever had the displeasure to work with. I though Apple was renowned for its use-friendliness? I certainly don't find any proof of this when I'm using iTunes... Mind you, I'm using the Windows version, I can only hope the Mac version is better.

Now, my problem: after a lot of tinkering, I finally found out just how exactly I can get tunes onto my iPod with it. I've been listening to those for a couple of months, but now I want to add some extra tunes. iTunes claimes it can't sync to my iPod beacuse it's synced to another iTunes library. It's solution is to simply erase the complete iPod and start from scratch. I'm sorry, but this is complete BS. I'm the only user of this device. It's only been connected to this specific computer. (Come to think of it, I did upgrade my PC's motherboad some time ago, maybe that had something to do with it?)

Anyway, when I plug in the iPod, it shows up under 'devices'. By clicking on the device and the "music" folder directly below it, I can see my tunes, but they are greyed out. The "music" tab under "library" doesn't show anything...WTF?

I can't find a decent solution for this issue online. I found one which says to backup everything on the iPad, then have it erased and then restore the backup again, but I'm guessing this is a tutorial for older iTunes version because this one (10.6.3.25) doesn't show this "backup" option.

Now, I guess I could give in and give iTunes what it wants by letting it erase the iPod. But I's like to avoid this if I can, because it would be a lot of work putting everything back. After all, it does see the tunes under the "device" tab, so why doesn't it simply create a new iTunes library from that?

Any advice would be deeply appreciated!

Thx!