Specifically a current generation Elantra.

My wife took her car in to get looked at today because we've both noticed it feels unstable on the road whenever you pass over the slightest bump. A bit of raised/buckled asphalt, a manhole, etc. basically it feels like the car sways (to the sides) when you pass such a bump. It's somewhat unnerving.

I'm not expecting the car to be as tight nor rigid as my BMW nor Acura Integra GSR were, but the ppl at the dealership basically told her that they checked the suspension and alignment and everything was to spec. They claimed it was all nice and tight and it was probably just us feeling the differences of a light vehicle. I'm not so sure about that as I've driven some pretty small/light cars pretty hard, like Toyota Yaris, Tercel, various Honda Civics, Seat Ibiza, Opel Astra, etc. The Seat and Opel on some pretty windy and bumpy roads too.

I'm probably going to have a friend take the car into his shop to get it checked out, but I was just curious if there were any other owners here who might relate their experience.