Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223567 - 27/08/2003 13:41 alphabet >> artist >> album >> track possible?
ievolve
stranger

My biggest gripe with the rio receiver is that if you have over a couple hundred songs navigation is simply terrible! And if you have over 10,000 songs it is even worse! I have over 900 artists and I would really like to view A-Z and select a letter, then see artists of that letter, rather that having to turn that dial 800 clicks to see what songs I have for "Rod Stewart"...

This seems pretty basic to me, is there someone out there doing this already? Can any of the client packages out there be configured to navigate like this on the player? Am I alone in not wanting to flip that dial several hundred times to get to music by authors starting with letters in the middle of the alphabet?

Please fill me in here...

Thanks

#223568 - 28/08/2003 01:41 Re: alphabet >> artist >> album >> track possible? [Re: ievolve]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
Surely your remote does precisely that, unless I've misunderstood you?

If it helps,where I have a whole album, as opposed to a few tracks on a "selection" album with tracks by various artists, I've put the artist name in caps, to make it easier to find, when scrolling down the artist list.

I've also refined the selection on the receiver database which serves the kitchen, down to two files: 1. Music that both my wife and I enjoy, 2. Music that only my wife enjoys, rather than trying to load the whole library.

The main library is available on the computer screens, where it is more easily selectable - for instance, I like Rod Stewart and have all the earlier albums, my wife has a pathological hatred of the man, so it doesn't occur on the receiver database.

#223569 - 28/08/2003 07:48 Re: alphabet >> artist >> album >> track possible? [Re: boxer]
ievolve
stranger

I bought my rio receiver from a garage sale and didn;t get a remote Sounds like a remote is a pretty key piece to this whole thing, I still wish that there was some way to adjust navigation, simply because the display is so small you really have to be in front of the silly thing to select your songs anyway... That plus a remote can be misplaced and/or lost and it seems pretty crazy to tie key navigation features to a non tethered remote.

Don't get me wrong, I like having a full featured remote. If only it was part of the interface as well.

I've seen the cool navigation that trio and others have come up with and really think it wouldn't be too hard to navigate alphabet >> artist >> album >> track... Maybe I am wrong. But it sure would be nice...

#223570 - 01/09/2003 03:03 Re: alphabet >> artist >> album >> track possible? [Re: ievolve]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
Since I posted, I realised that I had a program that's meant to analyze remotes and come up with the specification, so you might be able to work it with a "one for all".

I've never used it and it looks balls-achingly complicated, so I won't be able to try it until I'm home the weekend after next and have a chance to concentrate.

Unless somebody knows the code number anyway?