Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#220802 - 29/01/2002 17:30 HELP - Windows XP - ILPHLP.dll issues
gehan
stranger

I have searched the internet, read the faq, read the manual and I still cant fix this..

I have 2 rio receivers. Want to connect via HPNA to a Windows XP machine with 40gig of Mp3's.

The first time I installed the software I got the red icon, the server saw the receivers the receivers kept looking for the server. Then I tried installing windows networking etc to trouble shoot this issue, and NOW I have the ILPHLP.DLL problem. So I followed the instructions and copied the correct DLL file to the rio program directory..

It still does not work.. Still complains about the DLL..

HELPPPPPPPp!

#220803 - 30/01/2002 02:36 Re: HELP - Windows XP - ILPHLP.dll issues [Re: gehan]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Have you set an IP range for the PNA card? If you have more than 1 networking card in the system, you can't leave them both to self-configure, otherwise the PC will receive packets but tends to send replies out of the wrong network card.

Hugo

#220804 - 30/01/2002 04:46 Re: HELP - Windows XP - ILPHLP.dll issues [Re: altman]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
On my machine when I added a second network card (a wireless card) the Audio Receiver Manager kept crashing when receiving DHCP packets from the Receiver until I told the manager to ignore one inteface.

#220805 - 30/01/2002 06:03 Re: HELP - Windows XP - ILPHLP.dll issues [Re: gehan]
gehan
stranger

More info:

I yanked the Home networking card out and have the system using the ethernet card.

The problem is that the software is complaining about ILPHLP.dll I followed the instructions and put the correct version of the file in the program directory. But then I get a complaint about ICMP.dll, so I got that file from the same windows 98 CD and put that there then I get the an error message about not finding an entry point on IPHLP.dll. Its pretty dumb.

The online web site from Rio is totally useless no one has updated it since product launch. No more purchases from Rio for me.

Gehan

#220806 - 30/01/2002 06:14 Re: HELP - Windows XP - ILPHLP.dll issues [Re: gehan]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
If you're willing to try it again, run "armgr /log:filename.log" and post the results here, or send them to me ([email protected]), and I'll try and work out why it's not working properly.