Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223593 - 04/09/2003 18:10 tRio / Jrec / winxp
i_like_your_eyes
stranger

Can someone tell me some easy instructions on getting tRio and Jreceiver working on a winxp machine? I have trio working using ARM, and I have jreceiver working to stream to a player on my computer, but I'm not sure how to use them together. This is probably simple but I can't figure it out, thanks!

#223594 - 04/09/2003 18:43 Re: tRio / Jrec / winxp [Re: i_like_your_eyes]
FrankyG
stranger

What have you tried so far? A little more detail would help.

http://triot.sourceforge.net/inst.htm

#223595 - 04/09/2003 18:57 Re: tRio / Jrec / winxp [Re: i_like_your_eyes]
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland
Based on what you have going on you *should* just have to do these steps (which are taken directly from the link in the previous reply):

Set up JReceiver User

If you’re running JReceiver:

1. Create a new User called "trio" via the JReceiver admin panels with a role of “players” and password of your choice.
2. If you're running JReceiver 0.2.4 or earlier: Add a new “Tune.getKeysForQuery” Authorization to the players role – this will hopefully come as standard in future JReceiver releases. If you’re struggling to find where to do this from, there is an Authorizations column on the end of the Roles list. This is not required from version 0.2.5 onwards.

Edit config file
# If you’re using JReceiver 0.2.4 or later:

1. Find the menu-server and content-server settings and change these both to “jrec”.
2. Find the “servers” list and change the url setting for the name=”jrec” entry to the location of your server. Leave the “:8080/jrec_serv/servlet/RPC2” bit untouched (unless you know what you’re doing).
3. Change the user and password values (in the name=”jrec” server entry) to the values you set for the User you set up in JReceiver.

Edit Scripts/Batch File

If you’re running Windows, edit install-dir\bin\edit trio.bat and:

1. Change the “set TRIO_HOME=” value to the your install directory (e.g. set TRIO_HOME=c:\Program Files\tRio-0.x.x).
2. Change the “set JAVA_HOME=” value to where your java 1.4 (or later) runtime is installed. If this is set as an Environment Variable, you can comment this line out.

Running tRio
1. Open a command prompt, change directory to install-dir\bin and type “trio.bat”
2. Or create yourself a shortcut to “install-dir\bin\trio.bat” (on your Desktop, Menus or where ever) and run this

#223596 - 04/09/2003 18:57 Re: tRio / Jrec / winxp [Re: FrankyG]
i_like_your_eyes
stranger

Ok, well it shows instructions for windows/arm, which I know how to do, windows/rioboot, which I haven't tried, and linux/jreceiver. I want to use jreceiver but I don't have linux running on this machine.
I followed the instructions for setup jreceiver user. Now if I use jreceiver I don't run arm at all, right? Well I don't know how to get my rio to see jreciever.

#223597 - 04/09/2003 19:02 Re: tRio / Jrec / winxp [Re: i_like_your_eyes]
Jerz
addict

Now if I use jreceiver I don't run arm at all, right?

You'll run audio manager, jreceiver and tRio all at the same time.

I've tried both ways and I really like the jrec method versus arm because of jreceivers ability to create playlists and automatically scan your music directory on a preset schedule.

#223598 - 04/09/2003 19:13 Re: tRio / Jrec / winxp [Re: i_like_your_eyes]
FrankyG
stranger

That is a little confusing isn't it. You want to follow the windows/arm instructions for the receiver side install.

You'll still run ARM to initialize the Rio (DHCP/NFS mount,etc)

#223599 - 04/09/2003 19:22 Re: tRio / Jrec / winxp [Re: Jerz]
i_like_your_eyes
stranger

Ok, I thought I had it all set up, but on my rio when I go to select by an artist, I get an "error connecting to jreceiver server. please check that jreceiver is running and properly configured". My guess is that I am lacking on the properly configured part. Any ideas?

#223600 - 04/09/2003 19:56 Re: tRio / Jrec / winxp [Re: i_like_your_eyes]
Jerz
addict

Did you double check the user name and password setup in jrec matches what you set up in trio.xml?

#223601 - 05/09/2003 01:38 Re: tRio / Jrec / winxp [Re: i_like_your_eyes]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
If you're still struggling, send me a copy of your trio.xml and let me know what ip address the jreceiver server is running on.

Cheers
Paul

#223602 - 07/09/2003 21:24 Re: tRio / Jrec / winxp [Re: pauln]
i_like_your_eyes
stranger

It was actually how the user was set up in jrec. It wasn't set as a player for some reason, I swear I had it right the first time around. Anyhow.... using jrec seems to really slow down my rio, to the point where it stops responding and reboots or freezes. Or displays really messed up stuff. I'm just going to stick with using arm and trio. Thanks for your help everyone who had a suggestion.