According to this thread, the Receivers being sold by TigerDirect are refurbished Dells.

Of course, this order page at Tiger shows an image of the SonicBlue/Rio version. Also note the closeup picture from Tiger's site, which I've attached to this message.

So I called Tiger's 800 number and actually spoke to a real person (!). I asked him specifically "are these units SonicBlue or refurbished Dells?" He said "SonicBlue," in a tone that suggested he thought I was an idiot. I mentioned that others had ordered this unit from Tiger, and received refurbished Dells. I asked him again, pointedly, "are these refurbished Dells?" He said, while seeming to recheck Tiger's own web page displaying the product, "they are SONIC BLUES!", while raising his voice at me.

He didn't sound very believable to me. I think he just looked at the SonicBlue logo on his own ordering page, and chose to believe. He certainly didn't run off somewhere to confirm the answer to my question. He just answered immediately.

(I also asked him if the HPNA card is included; he said it is not. The order page is contradictory on this point.)

So does anyone know for sure what they're selling? Perhaps they have a mix of Rio and Dell?

I would not be disappointed to receive a refurb Dell at their current price. I do agree with the previous poster, however, that it's a bit misleading to show the SonicBlue pictures, not mention that the units are refurbished, and then in fact ship refurb'd Dells.

So which is it?

Attachments
3391-M975-1036r.jpg (131 downloads)