Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#86857 - 11/04/2002 15:53 Setting priorities for "Info", "Search", etc...
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
I was wondering if anyone had been able to set "Info" priorities or "Search" priorities in emplode or if this may be a feature in an upcoming version. Mainly, when I power down my player it restarts with "transient" info as the default info selection and I like to view "track" info. How would I set the priority for "track" to be the default info setting. Also, when searching, I almost always search by artist or song title but the unit starts the seach by PIN and then year and etc, etc then finally by artist. It would be nice to be able to set the search priority myself to fit the way I use the player. Has anyone done this? Is there already a way to do this that I have overlooked?

#86858 - 11/04/2002 16:17 Re: Setting priorities for "Info", "Search", etc... [Re: bodybag]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The transient coming up each time is a known bug and should theoretically be fixed in the next release.

Searching is a fixed order. To skip past "Pin" and "Year", hold the search button down and it will jump to Title.

[edit: Don't know if that last one is in Beta 11 or not, might be only in the current internal beta]

#86859 - 11/04/2002 16:22 Re: Setting priorities for "Info", "Search", etc... [Re: tfabris]
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Wouldn't it be nice to set your own search preferences? I'm not sure, but I doubt many of the users actually set special PIN#'s anyway yet this is the first in the fixed order. just seems like this should be flexible.

#86860 - 11/04/2002 19:56 Re: Setting priorities for "Info", "Search", etc... [Re: bodybag]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I agree this would be a nice addition for a future release. However asking for new features right now is kinda pointless because betas are coming out as slow as molasses in January, and the dev team is trying to reduce feature creep in the betas. Try resuggesting this one (or raising this thread from the dead) once 2.0 goes final and I think you'll have a better response.

#86861 - 12/04/2002 05:26 Re: Setting priorities for "Info", "Search", etc... [Re: tfabris]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
ISTR, the long search button press translating into a jump to artist is something you set up using HiJack. At least I remember someone posting the appropriate IR translation for that behaviour.

cu,
sven

#86862 - 12/04/2002 07:57 Re: Setting priorities for "Info", "Search", etc... [Re: smu]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The long search button press is, in fact, in the player software, and Hijack is not needed. I just don't remember if it appeared in beta 11 or beta 12.

#86863 - 12/04/2002 08:46 Re: Setting priorities for "Info", "Search", etc... [Re: tfabris]
AlB

Loc: SF
I have beta 11 and it works for me...rio mark 2A with rio remote