Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#110950 - 14/08/2002 20:40 Preinit, launcher and programs
fink08
journeyman

Can someone explain to me exactly how to install all of this stuff, and how to get programs running. I'm not quiet a newbie at linux but with all the threads I've searched through I have confused myself . Any help would be grealty appreciaited.

Well I figured out how to install the preinit v4 and I've got the empacman and emptris running. Not sure what do do with the launcher though. It would be nice if these additions could be rolled into hijack and/or the next image release for confused people like myself .

Edited by fink08 (14/08/2002 21:25)

#110951 - 16/08/2002 20:59 Re: Preinit, launcher and programs [Re: fink08]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Well, since you've figured out how to install programs like empacman and emptris, launcher installs in exactly the same way. If those are the enly two programs you want/have installed on your empeg, then you don't really need launcher. At least, not until both of those support launcher, which means not binding to the hijack menu and running as daemons.

If you want to install launcher anyway, it installs just like the others. Once you know how to do that, then everything you need should be in the README file. If you have any questions whose answers aren't in there, or want clarification on something in there, ask away...