Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#123218 - 26/10/2002 09:57 empeg software for windows xp
RickD
journeyman

Loc: Southern California
recently purchased an hp pavillion with windows xp preloaded...installed empeg software and the computer recognizes my empeg-car, but when i attempt to synchronize, the player does not respond and the log says "Initalizing..." but does not change...
do i need to download new software for the computer or get a fix for windows xp, or does empeg not work with windows xp?

thanx

#123219 - 26/10/2002 11:23 Re: empeg software for windows xp [Re: RickD]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
There are know issues with USB connectivity on XP. Are you using USB? If so, try using ethernet instead...

Here are some FAQ entries.

/Michael

#123220 - 26/10/2002 22:04 Re: empeg software for windows xp [Re: mtempsch]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Nice link to the search entry, that worked well. Got all three relevant entries listed in one easy link. It also shows people how easy it is to search the FAQ on the problem term. I'll have to try doing that in the future.

#123221 - 27/10/2002 06:09 Re: empeg software for windows xp [Re: RickD]
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
working with XP is an adventure at best and a horror show at its worst!!

I use my ethernet port and never had problems...then as the disc became full (>9GB of 10GB) I had problems..would get hung up then time out....then I upgraded to V2-13 and still had problems..then reloaded the firmware in the HU and things seemed (!) to work for a change......

There is absolutely no consistence with performance....and my only observation is the more time it takes to sync to better a chance of having problems...which is dependant upon how much music you have on the dirve.....or so it seems to me!

Good Luck!!

#123222 - 27/10/2002 07:26 Re: empeg software for windows xp [Re: edsmiata]
RickD
journeyman

Loc: Southern California
We got around the problem (for now) by starting the player unit. Once the heads get moving, XP seems to work OK. I've still got an extra Windows 98 machine that I'm probably going to do all my music transfer with.

Thanks for responding -

Rick