Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#287922 - 07/10/2006 11:20 HDA Error: IDE Timeout
estocks
new poster

Loc: Reading UK
Hello

I received this message a few times and the player would stop playing at the end of the track. It usually meant removing and waiting a few minutes before reinserting the Empeg and hoping fo rhte best. Occasionally I'd get it working or I'd get Hard Disk Not Found, Contact Support.

Now, trying the Empeg with the engine off is is clear the disk is not even starting. I have tried the disk in both positions on the IDE cable.

I may have imagined or smelt a faint electrical burning smell the last time it was inserted, but that may have been from the delightful county I was passing through.

#287923 - 08/10/2006 04:08 Re: HDA Error: IDE Timeout [Re: estocks]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
First, the electrical burning smell...

Make absolutely sure you don't have a loose screw rattling around inside the player.

For the other problems, you're in the same boat as everyone else with hard disk trouble. Go through all of the diagnostic steps and report back.

#287924 - 21/10/2006 12:02 Re: HDA Error: IDE Timeout [Re: tfabris]
estocks
new poster

Loc: Reading UK
I replied to this but it has disapeared. I had 3 suspect IDE pins that I've retouched. It is working like new.

Cheers.