Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#318843 - 05/02/2009 08:56 can't access player (empeg car)
crazyplums

Loc: E.Sussex, UK
hi all,

just plugged the repaired empeg into the pc to download the music before upgrading the software (safer than sorry), the emplode software starts up fine and shows the player (unknown pplayer) as being connected on usb and serial port, however, when i click on either one of the icons, it flashes up a message saying "the operation completed successfully".

no amount of tinkering with the cables (either or plugged in only) has made any difference.

have tried a quick search of the faq's and board but can't find an answer.

any ideas welcomed!

Hugh

#318849 - 05/02/2009 11:50 Re: can't access player (empeg car) [Re: crazyplums]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
As determined in your other thread, the software on the player unit is too old. Upgrade it and then try again.

Cheers

#318850 - 05/02/2009 12:05 Re: can't access player (empeg car) [Re: crazyplums]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Originally Posted By: crazyplums
just plugged the repaired empeg into the pc to download the music before upgrading the software (safer than sorry)

Upgrading the software, especially if you go for v2.00, is really pretty safe. I've never heard of it hosing anyone's music partition. Even if you get a power failure halfway through, or something, you can recover by re-applying the upgrade.

(Upgrading to v3 is a bit different -- though still safe -- as it requires a database rebuild.)

Peter

#318851 - 05/02/2009 12:34 Re: can't access player (empeg car) [Re: peter]
crazyplums

thanks guys, have upgraded now, had simply forgotten what to do!!

downloading the music on it now (was part filled when i bought it), all is fine except it's downloading the tracks all into the one folder, not bringing them down as the folders / albums they're sorted into! oh well, sorting them out is just something else to put on the 'to do' list!

thanks again,
Hugh

#318854 - 05/02/2009 12:41 Re: can't access player (empeg car) [Re: crazyplums]
tman
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: crazyplums
all is fine except it's downloading the tracks all into the one folder, not bringing them down as the folders / albums they're sorted into!

Only Jemplode does that I believe and you need to tell it to do so as well.

#318855 - 05/02/2009 12:46 Re: can't access player (empeg car) [Re: tman]
crazyplums

cheers Trevor, don't think i've downloaded (or at least, not installed) jemplode yet.

i did it before but probably did it manually!

thanks.
Hugh