Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#328246 - 23/12/2009 13:27 Newbie can't store radio presets
GeoffUK
new poster

Loving my new (old) Mk.2 (V2.01) player but having trouble storing radio frequencies under the presets. I go to, say, Preset 4 (which already has the right station name stored), press the Direct/OK button on the remote, enter a three digit frequency (939) then press Direct/OK again to tune the radio to that frequency. No problem so far.

However when I press DNPP to store the frequency It seems to select a different visualisation or something, rather than storing the frequency. When I switch the Empeg off it reverts to the previous frequency again.

I'm guessing the tuner module itself stores all the presets. If not, is there a way of reprogramming presets with just the dismounted Empeg unit and an Ethernet connection? It's no fun sitting out in the car at -7 degrees C, especially when my attempts at retuning fail every time. Brrrrrrrrrr..

GeoffT.

#328248 - 23/12/2009 15:31 Re: Newbie can't store radio presets [Re: GeoffUK]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The radio presets are stored on the empeg's hard disk. I believe they are on the scratch partition if I recall correctly. (In other words, they are not in an easily-editable format.)

When I look at the button guide, I don't see "store radio preset" as one of the functions of the DNPP button. In fact, I don't know if there even is a single-button-method for storing a preset at all.

Instead, try using the player's main menu. I belive the option to store a preset exists in the menu structure.

#328268 - 24/12/2009 16:11 Re: Newbie can't store radio presets [Re: tfabris]
GeoffUK
new poster

Many thanks for your response. The button guide has the (Kenwood) DNPP button as follows:
Change current visual.
In most screens: OK/Enter.
In EQ editor: With a band selected, selects Q and bandwidth parameters.

As far as I've been able to see (and I've spent a fair bit of time trying) I cannot find a store preset function anywhere in the main menu.

If I could find out how to access the scratch partition via an Ethernet connection I'd be happy to try editing the radio presets from there. It has to be a better option than sitting out in the car, or trying to get hold of a home dock and second tuner module.

GeoffT.

#328272 - 24/12/2009 19:18 Re: Newbie can't store radio presets [Re: GeoffUK]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Originally Posted By: GeoffUK
As far as I've been able to see (and I've spent a fair bit of time trying) I cannot find a store preset function anywhere in the main menu.

(With the radio active)
Select Radio,
Select Store.

You can even alpha-name the preset.

#328355 - 30/12/2009 15:00 Re: Newbie can't store radio presets [Re: tfabris]
GeoffUK
new poster

Ahhh. Got it now. Many thanks for the steer.

GeoffT.