Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#99213 - 13/06/2002 12:01 wendy filters problem
dda
stranger

Loc: Belgium
Hi,
I've created a wendy filters "Play only album tracks that where singles".
when I apply this filter, if i go into one of my playlists, I can see that only the titles answering the filter criterion are part of the list.
If I select one of this titles and select play, it plays.
The problem is when I try to play the whole playlist to which this file belongs, the player doesn't play anything. Same thing if I want to play the whole playlist containing the playlist containting the file.

I have made another try through the player search function. A search on Artists will show me only the Artists having a title answering the filter criterion and if I select one of these artists, the player plays the matching titles of this artist.
But if I make a search on Playlists, I see all the playlists and if I select one that should contain a title matching the filter, nothing happens.

So,
1) Is "the playlist not playing when a filter is activated" a known bug ?
1') Where can I find a clear well known bug list classified by feature ?
2) If this is a bug, it seems impossible to select and play all the files of my database answering a filter criteria ! The only solution I've found is to use the genre field for example, to put the same info (an X) in this field for every title. So when I will search all files with an X in the genre field I will only see the filesfrom my database answering the filter criterion that I've activated at the same time. One of those filter criterion could then be a genre (to still be able to select titles by genre). Did anyone find another solution ?

Waiting for your infos,

Yup

DDA

#99214 - 13/06/2002 13:43 Re: wendy filters problem [Re: dda]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This surprises me, I don't think it's supposed to be doing what you describe. I will mess with it and see if I can reproduce your behavior.

The Bug Reports forum of this BBS is where we compile all bug reports from the general public, you can search there for reports of known bugs. However I don't recall your specific bug being reported yet.

In the future, a post like this should go in the Bug Reports forum.

#99215 - 13/06/2002 13:58 Re: wendy filters problem [Re: dda]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

I just tried it out, and I cannot reproduce this behavior in 2.0 beta 12 (alpha team internal release only).

I did the following:

1) Created a "TEST" playlist with four tracks.

2) Created a "TEST WENDY FLAG". Assigned this flag to one of those four tracks.

3) Created a "TEST WENDY FILTER". In this filter, I marked it so that anything with "TEST WENDY FLAG" was preferred (i.e., a check mark rather than an x).

On the player when I select "Test Wendy Filter" from the Filters menu, it all appears to work as expected. The test track is the only one I see on the player. I am able to select and play the track in all of the ways possible: by searching, by navigating to the track, or by playing its parent "TEST" playlist.

Can anyone with Beta 11 see if they can reproduce the behavior? Perhaps it was a bug fixed after beta 11.

NOTE: Please check your playlist properties and see if you have any of the special flags checked such as "ignore as child" or "play X tracks at random".

ALSO: Anyone who knows about these things... is it possible for a deleted FID that used to be a wendy-flagged-Tune to get re-used as a Playlist, and then have the Wendy filters apply to the playlist (even though you can't change Wendys on a playlist)? Maybe that's the root of the bug?

#99216 - 13/06/2002 14:55 Re: wendy filters problem [Re: tfabris]
dda
stranger

I've checked my playlist properties : no special flag checked.
I'm using 2.0Beta11

DDA

#99217 - 09/07/2002 01:31 Re: wendy filters problem [Re: dda]
dda
stranger

Let's reactivate this topic.
I've made some complementary tests.
Here are my results/questions :
1) It's impossible to select all the files of your player having a certain flag activated if you don't maintain a playlist or a set of playlists covering all the files in your player - or if you don't maintain a field common to all your files (ex: PIN=1). Could some of you confirm this ? Only Soup Views available on the player would be able to solve this. When will those Soup Views be available on the player itself ?

2) Let's say you activate a filter on a playlist and the result is 5 files. If you go now upper on in another playlist, the player will not apply dynamicly your filter on the new selected playlist. It will stay with your 5 previous files. You have to desactivate the filter, go to your new playlist and reactivate the filter to make the selection change.
The player reactivates only dynamicly the filter when using the search function of the player (search on artist, year etc...).
Can some of you confirm this ?

Thanks in advance for your clarifications,

Regards

DDA

#99218 - 09/07/2002 09:30 Re: wendy filters problem [Re: dda]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

It's impossible to select all the files of your player having a certain flag activated if you don't maintain a playlist or a set of playlists covering all the files in your player

Correct. The player currently requires all your tunes to be in playlists in order to be really useful. The Soup views have not been fully implemented yet.

Remember that once upon a time, we didn't even have the Soup views. If a song wasn't in a playlist, it showed up as an error in "Unattached Items" in emplode.

If you go now upper on in another playlist, the player will not apply dynamicly your filter on the new selected playlist. It will stay with your 5 previous files. You have to desactivate the filter, go to your new playlist and reactivate the filter to make the selection change.

This is a known bug that has already been reported.