Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#212632 - 08/04/2004 15:28 Serial notify output in car mode?
farmtech
journeyman

Hello,
I just can't seem to figure this out on my own but is there a way I can get the Empeg to output the track, title, volume strings over the serial port at 115,200 when in regular DC car mode?
I can force the Empeg to AC home mode when in the car but if I do that it ignores my ignition switch, correct?

I have built a device that watches the data coming out of the serial port and can identify whether the Empeg is in player or auxilliary modes, however I want to use this in the car but am unable to figure out how to make the serial port stay active.

Thanks for any help.
Nick

#212633 - 08/04/2004 15:36 Re: Serial notify output in car mode? [Re: farmtech]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Here's part of the puzzle, and the other half of the puzzle probably involves Hijack settings, such as the "serial port behavior" setting in its menu (player uses serial port/Apps use serial port), and the suppress_notify flag in config.ini. Mess with those.

#212634 - 08/04/2004 15:53 Re: Serial notify output in car mode? [Re: tfabris]
farmtech
journeyman

Hi Tony.
I have already changed those around, I will try again this weekend but so far I have not been able to figure out the correct combination.

I there a good explaination of how the Force AC/DC power mode function works in Hijack? Such as what does "no loopback" mean as well as what the different Tuner = "x" functions mean?

#212635 - 08/04/2004 15:56 Re: Serial notify output in car mode? [Re: farmtech]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
No Loopback only applies if you are using his specially-made dock.

The tuner options work as described here.

#212636 - 13/04/2004 21:47 Re: Serial notify output in car mode? [Re: tfabris]
farmtech
journeyman

I was able to get the serial messages back by changing the Serial Port Assignment to "Apps use serial port". Everything is now working perfect.
I will be posting information on my remote control project just as soon as I have things up and running. This will most likely be a few months away but I at least have a major piece of the puzzle in place.

Thanks much,
Nick