Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#225447 - 30/06/2004 08:25 Need help. The Rio Car player works AC, not car DC
TheKnife
new poster

Here's the story
The unit stopped working in the car. It would shut off for a awhile "coffee break" Then it stopped working all together. it would not boot up and I would hear static at the speakers. It failed the AC test. I took it apart and changed the disk drive (single disk) IDE connector. The car player works using the AC but not DC. I placed my backup Rio in the car and it works great. Any ideas on what the prob could be? I am in temp housing so my computer is in storage. Any ideas? This problem is not like the similar issue faced in the FAQ Troubleshooting Guide. I have not loaded any special software on the Rio. The failed Rio worked in the car for about 2 years before this prob.

#225448 - 30/06/2004 23:49 Re: Need help. The Rio Car player works AC, not car DC [Re: TheKnife]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
The car player works using the AC but not DC.

That would seem to be a failed leaf switch (where you plug the AC power supply connector in) so that it is stuck in AC mode.

tanstaafl.

#225449 - 01/07/2004 07:12 Re: Need help. The Rio Car player works AC, not car DC [Re: tanstaafl.]
TheKnife
new poster

Thanks. I'll do a search for the failed leaf switch problem