Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#309502 - 26/04/2008 11:40 Emplode crashes when deleting tracks
Gazz
journeyman

Loc: Alice Springs - Australia
Gidday all from Oz,

I am running 3.00-alpha11 Developer firmware, Emplode V2.10-trunk, Latest Hijack

I want to delete some tracks from the empeg, actually some refs=0 tracks I would like to get rid of

Problem is in emplode I click delete, track deletes, Sync and emplode just crashes
Tried Multiple PC's XP, Win2000, USB and Ethernet connection, all crash emplode

The other clue may be
In Emplode, When I click Play, the empeg seems to respond but it always just returns "end of playlist" and dosent let me control the player,

All seems to be working fine with the player, I have downloaded a new copy of emplode in case it was corrupted

In Empeg I have 40GB as my primary and 12gb as my secondary,
have run fsck on both drives all seems clean, have deleted and re-created the databases

Is this one of those "3.00-alpha11 may be unstable" things?
I dont know when this started happening, I havent deleted anything for years
Anybody else seen this problem please?

Thankyou
Garry Hill
Outback Alice Springs
Central Australia
http://4ustralia.com

#309504 - 26/04/2008 13:24 Re: Emplode crashes when deleting tracks [Re: Gazz]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: Gazz
Emplode V2.10-trunk

Stick with emplode v2.00 unless you've got a particular need to deal with FLAC or Odd Vorbis files.

#309519 - 26/04/2008 19:49 Re: Emplode crashes when deleting tracks [Re: Gazz]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
As he said, Emplode 2.0 is less buggy. Also, you can try Jemplode, which is probably the most stable way to work with Ogg and Flac files on the alpha player.

If your player is always saying "End of playlist", that's a different issue. It might just be buggy 3.0 alpha, or it may be this issue.

PS: If you don't need to play Ogg and Flac files, player firmware 2.0 is more stable as well and is worth switching back to.

#309528 - 27/04/2008 04:45 Re: Emplode crashes when deleting tracks [Re: tfabris]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: tfabris
PS: If you don't need to play Ogg and Flac files, player firmware 2.0 is more stable as well and is worth switching back to.

Unless you like the cross fading functionality, and the gapless playback...

#309532 - 27/04/2008 10:55 Re: Emplode crashes when deleting tracks [Re: Roger]
Gazz
journeyman

Loc: Alice Springs - Australia
Thanks guy's!!! I always had in the back of my mind jemplode was for linux, of course not it's java so it's cross platform,
What have I been missing out on! I dont know why I never got around to trying jemplode, wish I did years ago
jemplode is heaps better!
and it works great.
I still get the odd never ending synchronizing, but I deleted the tracks I want to, Empeg is working great,
Fresh lot of music it is about to go on the Fishing Trip to Northern Australia.
Garry Hill
Outback Alice Springs
Central Australia
http://4ustralia.com