Hi all,

I bought my empeg way back when you could still buy them directly from SonicBlue during the closeout sale. In all those years, it simply sat in my car and played tunes for me. I didn't tinker with it, and it still has the dual 30GB drives in it.

Recently, my wife asked me to empty out the empeg so we could start over and upload a mixed collection. From reading the forums, it sounded like the quickest way to start over was to run the drive builder image, then upgrade back to the 2.01 software.

First I tried installing the drive builder image with jEmplode, but that did not work. I tried regular Emplode and that seemed to be working until it failed with some sort of "Can't find pump" message (should have written it down) partway into the process. Now my empeg seems to be dead. When I connect it to AC power, I get the oscillating blue light and that is it. There is no startup or drive activity, and pressing and holding the various panel buttons does nothing.

Have I killed it? This is my first venture back into anything empeg-related for quite a long time, and I am not off to a good start.

- Chris

Edited by chrispitude (30/05/2008 15:21)