Ooohkay. As I've been using my player more and more, both in-car and in 'home' mode, I've noticed a few things, and more and more of it's starting to make me wonder if I got a lemon. (Or, at least, a lime. A little sweeter.):

First off, I have the player process lock-up while selecting AUX-IN. Only way to reset it is to flash the kernel. While it's locked, my process times skyrocket.

Second, my remote. At first I thought it was a batter, but thried three batteries now, same reult. The remote stops working after a short amount of time. Sometimes after only two presses, sometimes I can do a whole search. After that, no response from the remote. Next time I try it (after work, the next day, etc) it works again, for a short while.

Third: My date & time. I've set it a few times, but it would never hold. I ignored it for a long time (4 weeks) because I rarely use it. But now, for kicks, I went to see what it was set at. It was up to July 1st, 2033! and over 13 hours off!

Fourth: Button presses. A couple different issues: Using the HiJack HTTP, If I send a skip forward command, it will, but then if I send it again, there's no responce for ~30 seconds, then the Empeg acts like I've been holding the button down, and starts FFW'in for a little bit, sometimes for ever until I reset. In the car (or home) when I use the panel buttons to FFW or REW, I'll hold the button down, it will start rewinding or ff'ing, then when I let the button go it will stop, then continur to scan until a undetermined point, then JUMP to the next or beginning of the track. I can abort it by hitting a button, but this will take it to the start of the track or the next track.

Lastly: On my cross-country trip, I noticed a few times the player froze when I turned it on - kinda like #1 above, but pulling the power and reapplying fixed it immediately. Almost like the HD was flaking out. Also, a few times now, the player's froze between songs waiting on the HD, once I got a "invalid file format" message on a song I had just listened to, and one MP3 is nutton but silence, even though I listen to it at home alla time. (I realize the latter two may be bad headers/data, but am including it in case it matters.)

Ideas? Should I call support and see if they can look at it?

(Running 2.0b11, HiJack 253, MK2a)
Many thanks..
Mike.