Well, i've had my empeg for quite some time now, love it. Recently I've gotten the urge to try and lengthen the already unbuffered display cable, which is generally a no-no. I thought i'd try to just got a foot longer. I went to the local electro store and bought the small pitch ribbon cable and re-used the same connectors at the ends. Well I must have either crossed one of the wires or something and now I have no display at all. I put the stock cable back on. Of course i checked the 3 fuses and 2 of them blew out. I then put new ones on and now I get the flashing LED but no VFD. (no the nipple is not broken). Once in a while the LED will just fade on and off like sleep mode, then turn on bright and stay that way, like it is trying to turn on the VFD but it's not happening. The player remains active while this goes on. I then took an ohmmeter and measured some of the local resistors next to the display connector. The two ones labeled "123" (12K ohm) weren't giving any value, so I then put on two new ones as well. Still, no luck. The player functions, I get music, etc, but no display. Any ideas? Did I damage the display board somehow? Any other resistors or fuses I should check? Thanks alot guys;

Pete

btw: paul gzerlak thanks for the e-mails, I did get it to work eventually, it was a result of cold soldier's on the IDE pads.