Hello all I'm wondering if anyonelse has had anything similiar to what I just experienced today.
Here's an explanation, I was awakened to my car playing rather loud music with no one around, it was just thumping away. It was nearing dusk so the sun was flickering through the leaves directly at the IR sensor and I believe it triggered the player to start (awake from sleep as a button push would do). There is no other device in the car that would falsely do this and nothing had been changed in the car recently, this has never happened before. Now I realize this a freak occurance but what follows is what I need help with.
The result of the playing dropped the battery voltage enough that it wouldn't start. I figured this was going to be the case since the sound coming from the speakers was very erratic when I discovered it. Since then I've charged the battery the car is fine but the sound is now w/o any high frequecies at all the only sound is from the powered sub. So I checked the lights & fuses on both the Front Spk. amp & the Rear Spk. amp and they all in good shape & work. Next check was the player so I swapped players and the same result only low freq. In the house the sound is fine on AC power.
If anyone has some further insight or experienced something like it please reply. Could an amp (2 amps) blowout a circuit inside for highs? I have a cheap 50w RS Optimus for fronts & more expensive 1200w Profile for the rears. with the rears split and going to a powered sub. There are noise suppressors/filters inline to the amps.
Thanks for any insight.