For some reason my main empeg has started acting up, and currently takes about 12 minutes to go through Building Databases and about the same again Loading Playlists. I have had it on v2.01final dev image for ages, and Hijack is at around 488.

Unfortunately I can't use emplode to fix it as it takes so long emplode gives up in disgust. Had a quick shot at fscking it (required both swapspaces enabled) but no joy.

Then went and tried the FAQ guidance

Code:
If synching once with Emplode doesn't solve the problem, you can force it to rebuild the database as follows:

* You should be at a shell prompt now. Enter:

rwm (There will be a long pause)
      rm /drive0/var/database
      rm /drive0/var/database3
      rm /drive0/var/tags
      rm /drive0/var/playlists
      rm /drive1/var/database
      rm /drive1/var/database3
      rm /drive1/var/tags
      rm /drive1/var/playlists
      (Note that some or all of those RM commands may not work, that's OK)
      exit
      (The player application will run and rebuild the databases; watch the screen and wait until it is done, then q out of it again...)
      q
      (This should exit the player application back to the shell prompt.)
      rom
      exit

* Cycle the power on the player. Make sure it boots correctly, without the long pause.

Unfortunately, even though most of the rm commands worked, the symptoms are exactly the same.

Now, I know what I should do - go for Mark's latest Bigdisk build and redo both disks, but that will involve getting an older machine out of the attic as this one has no serial port (the USB to serial works fine for hyperterm type stuff, but not for the .upgrade files)

Any thoughts before I take that route?
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock