Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#47682 - 23/11/2001 08:51 Dsiplayserver & Hijack
Sheetzam

Loc: Annandale, VA
I am running 2b3 player (developer of course), and I have installed Display server (latest version) and Mark Lord's custom kernel, which is supposed to have irhack ability. My question is: when using displayserver miniapp, clicking on the buttons does nothing. I am sure I am missing something simple, but what?

#47683 - 23/11/2001 09:03 Re: Dsiplayserver & Hijack [Re: Sheetzam]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Mlord's kernel has the IR Translation code to allow you to use different remotes.

However, I was not aware that it included the displayserver hack. It's a different thing than the IR Translations. It is likely that the reason your applet isn't working is because it doesn't include the displayserver hack.

Not sure, though. Anyone else been using displayserver+Hijack?

#47684 - 23/11/2001 09:07 Re: Dsiplayserver & Hijack [Re: Sheetzam]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
From my tiny mind the following points come from memory Display server to work properly (wee buttons in window) you need a custom kernal which has remote commands from displayserver built in which pretend to be IR commands this kernal is available from franks site but since you have Mlords hack running it won't work.

So either we need frank give us the idea as to what displayserver gives out or someone real clever to combine the two as the both rule and i too would like both to be there.

Only other thought is to run displayserver and then look at the botton codes display on marks software to see if it gives nything out when the buttons in applet are clicked.

#47685 - 23/11/2001 09:09 Re: Dsiplayserver & Hijack [Re: thinfourth2]
Sheetzam

Loc: Annandale, VA
yeah, after reading TFabris' note, I tried looking at the button code screen, and it showed nothing.
I really don't want to choose between them, let me tell you!
Other thing of interest: displayserver doesn't show what hijack is doing when you diddle with it.

#47686 - 23/11/2001 09:11 Re: Dsiplayserver & Hijack [Re: Sheetzam]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'm sure someone could combine the two kernel mods. Anyone?

#47687 - 23/11/2001 10:47 Re: Dsiplayserver & Hijack [Re: Sheetzam]
beaker
addict

Loc: England
I'm running both Frank's Displayserver & Mark's Hijack kernel and I get the same problem. I haven't been too bothered by it as I only have Displayserver on there so that work colleagues can listen to my collection. I put it down to Hijack not having the IR stuff in there but I wasn't sure.

#47688 - 23/11/2001 13:23 Re: Dsiplayserver & Hijack [Re: beaker]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
If I'm not mistaken, Mark has stated that he plans to add Display Server support to Hijack. I've probably seen this mentioned once or twice at least. Until he's back from vacation, maybe Frank can shed some light on the situation and get some work-around?

I know of all the hacks and additions, these two, combined, are my number one priority when I finish setting up my drives.

Bruno

#47689 - 24/11/2001 18:45 Re: Dsiplayserver & Hijack [Re: tfabris]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
I posted some kernels with both a while back, but I have not updated them since v5x of hijack. I can see if Frank's stuff will still patch in on Monday and if so post some combined kernels.

-Mike

#47690 - 26/11/2001 18:11 Re: Dsiplayserver & Hijack [Re: mcomb]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Hmmm, OK it is still possible to patch Frank's stuff on top of hijack, but it does not do anything. The button presses sent from the applet never seem to make it through. I am guessing the function Frank is using to insert the codes needs to be modified to work with hijack. Anyway, I am sure Frank or Mark could get it working easily enough, but it is beyond my (very limited) C hacking skills.

-Mike