Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#77418 - 03/03/2002 20:41 Hijack question
newguy1
enthusiast

Loc: Massachusetts,USA
I like the features in Hijack, but man i have know idea what you guys are talking about with kernels and everything.I had v206 before my player died(bad hard drive cable) and it seemed to work fine. I'd like to stay up to date with the new releases but im not technical enough to know what to do if/when it locks up with a new version.Am i in the minority about this stuff or are there more people out there who dont know what the heck they are talking about either!!

#77419 - 03/03/2002 20:57 Re: Hijack question [Re: newguy1]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
The nice thing is, you don't have to know anything more than how to install it, and then how to press and hold the knob (or Menu button) to access the Hijack menu.

And the installation itself is pretty darned simple, using Tony's Logo Editor, or Mike's JEmplode (multi-platform Emplode successor).

If it locks up, it's probably nothing peculiar to Hijack. All the recent discussion you may see here is more about v2 beta software lockups, and features in Hijack kernels to help track them down.

Just ignore all that. Be Happy.

Cheers

#77420 - 03/03/2002 21:20 Re: Hijack question [Re: mlord]
newguy1
enthusiast

Loc: Massachusetts,USA
Thanks, i can't wait to get the cable and get it running again and just have fun with it.I guess im a little nervous because i never had a problem with previous stereo equipment(cd player/ radio)and would hate to spend the majority of time fooling with it.But like you said I,ll try to ignore all that and just be happy!BTW IMO the Empeg blows away any other piece of equipment.It has a huge music capacity, awesome visuals and displays, unbelievable control over the sound with the digital parametric EQ and the new added time delay.Especially for the $400 price i got it at.The one thing that's disappointing though is the credit card style remote.Difficult to use w/o looking at it,I'm used to using a pioneer remote that was great.Anyway take care.

#77421 - 03/03/2002 21:28 Re: Hijack question [Re: newguy1]
Yang
addict

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Depending on the remote, you can reprogram the Empeg to accept that remote's buttons.. Check the FAQ for more info.. It's a little on the technical side, but enough people here can help you out..