Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#205987 - 20/02/2004 20:16 JEmplode Feature Request
Chuck

Emplode has 'Reset Metadata' command on the right-click context menu that will reset the tunes bitrate, duration, offset, and samplerate. It asks you if you are sure you want to clear these before doing so. Then at the sync it clears thems and notices they are empty after reloading the rebuilt database. Could you add that command to JEmplode?

And while you're at it Could you create a 'Reset Statistics' command too? It would be nice to be able to zero out the play_count, play_last, and skip_count stats when needed. I've tried doing this on the advanced properties tab but for some reason it doesn't work 100% of the time.

Thanks,
-Chuck

#205988 - 20/02/2004 20:33 Re: JEmplode Feature Request [Re: Chuck]
russmeister
enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
And while you're at it Could you create a 'Reset Statistics' command too? It would be nice to be able to zero out the play_count, play_last, and skip_count stats when needed.

You can already do this through Terminal services in the shell prompt. FAQ entry here.

#205989 - 20/02/2004 20:48 Re: JEmplode Feature Request [Re: russmeister]
Chuck

That will clear them for all tunes. I'd like to be able to do it for a selected tune or tunes. Guess I should have stated that.

-Chuck

#205990 - 21/02/2004 08:37 Re: JEmplode Feature Request [Re: Chuck]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
I can see reset stats, but why would you ever want reset metadata?

#205991 - 21/02/2004 10:45 Re: JEmplode Feature Request [Re: mschrag]
Chuck

I recently used it after FTPing a batch of FIDs to the PC, running MP3 Trim on them to remove the silence from the beginning & end, and FTPing them back to the Empeg. When they were trimmed the duration was changed, so resetting the metadata came in real handy.

I didn't want to re-upload them because I would lose the stats, which I use for custom shuffles on the Empeg. I also have a player on the PC that plays from a rsync mirror of the Empeg files and it uses the stats for custom shuffles.