Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#32383 - 07/06/2001 16:56 Display overlay kernel mod questions
drakino
carpal tunnel

Hopefully Kim or Kit can answer some of these questions I have.

I am trying to make a basic program to overlay a 16x16 graphic on the screen, and I'd like to put it over on the bottom right of the screen. What do I need to do to say "overlay in this specific space", or is this possible right now. I tried Kim's specific random gibberish code, and I thought it was going to take up the entire bottom of the screen, but instead it took up what appears to be the bottom 8 rows and only half way across. Is that normal? (I have Kit's overlay patch installed, is it different then Kim's?)

Thanks

#32384 - 07/06/2001 17:14 Re: Display overlay kernel mod questions [Re: drakino]
Kit
journeyman

Loc: San Diego, CA US
Yes, it is different and only intended for easy used with timed. I am working on a more generic overlay that will allow you to specify coordinates and what type of overlay you want to do.

Overlay types :

1. Overwrite all pixels in region.
2. Only overwrite pixels that aren't empty in our overlay (so it leaves the stuff behind it).

One of the uses I was thinking of was reading the current fid from /dev/empeg_state and bouncing a band logo around the screen during the first x seconds of a song.

I'll let you know when I get a chance to do this. Otherwise you are stuck hacking up the current patch on your own =].

-Kit

#32385 - 07/06/2001 17:22 Re: Display overlay kernel mod questions [Re: Kit]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I'll probably just wait for your next version of it, since this is only part of the project I'm working on right now.