Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#52767 - 31/12/2001 01:20 Hijack v91 Question
mandiola
enthusiast

Loc: Miami, FL - Sioux Falls, SD
I have v91.hijack.v200b7.mk2.1drive.zImage installed with consumer-v2.00b7 and was woundering if there were an easy way to incorporate emptris-0.2.2 in the hijack menu, such as right after the Break-Out Game is listed.

-Greg

#52768 - 31/12/2001 05:43 Re: Hijack v91 Question [Re: mandiola]
Nosferatu
enthusiast

Loc: France, Champagne
I like what will happen next with this kind of Question .....

#52769 - 31/12/2001 06:44 Re: Hijack v91 Question [Re: mandiola]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Well.. its a question of space -- there really isn't enough room in the kernel FLASH space for games; Break-Out is there only because it's my one luxury, and my second feature for Hijack (VolAdj was the first addition). Besides, how else would one display the version/author so discreetly?

But.. there's a better way. Hijack kernels include extra features to permit things like Tetris to be (sort of) easily run from the menu as a userland application. It's just a matter of taking Emptris, and changing a few lines here and there to make it "Hijack Compliant", and then having it run during initialization time. I am hoping somebody will do this (soon!).

One roadblock to such things is that it is difficult for newcomers to configure their Empeg to allow downloads, compiles, etc.. I am currently working on a fix for all of that, in the form of a kernel based FTP server, which would always be resident and available when using Hijack kernels.

Once I get THAT working, I might just go back and look at Emptris.. but perhaps someone else will do it first.

Cheers

Edited by mlord (31/12/2001 06:45)