Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#53647 - 02/01/2002 14:32 Hijack bug/feature
Sheetzam

Loc: Annandale, VA
Sorry, posted this in the wrong forum first time around

I've installed the latest (as of 12/28/01) version of the hijack kernel, and I think I have discoverd a bug.
I've been experimenting with the high temperature warning, trying to get it set as low as possible under normal circumstances. Recently it went off coinciding with a button lockout bug (not sure where the link is in the BBS, but I've seen it.) Anyway, the short of it is, if you plug the player in when it is overheated, the overheat warning beep will blast through your sound system at full volume, which can be quite an HLE (hearing loss event). It reverts to normal volume once the player software is done starting.
I assume this is because the mixer volume is set to max by default, and is set at the appropriate level by the player software once it's done starting.

Anyway, just thought I would warn everyone, hopefully preventing some rining ears, and maybe let Mlord know about this.

#53648 - 02/01/2002 14:46 Re: Hijack bug/feature [Re: Sheetzam]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
>I assume this is because the mixer volume is set to max by default

Mmm.. that would also explain the loud "thump" many folks have noticed at power-on when an external amp is used. Actually, I just glanced at the code and the default volume is indeed 0db (max).

Cheers

#53649 - 02/01/2002 16:42 Re: Hijack bug/feature [Re: mlord]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Mmm.. that would also explain the loud "thump" many folks have noticed at power-on when an external amp is used. Actually, I just glanced at the code and the default volume is indeed 0db (max).

Ooh so maybe that could be changed to -infinity during he bootup process?

#53650 - 02/01/2002 16:57 Re: Hijack bug/feature [Re: tonyc]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Mmm.. I just tried that.. and it still thumps. Darn.

But I did manage to add a time delay within hijack to avoid having the maxtemp alarm going off before the player has had time to start up.

It'll be in the next version (96?), later this week.

-ml

#53651 - 02/01/2002 19:56 Re: Hijack bug/feature [Re: mlord]
Sheetzam

Loc: Annandale, VA
My year has been made. I actually helped contribute something to the development of my favorite gadget.