Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#72213 - 15/02/2002 23:22 New FAQ entry for those who want to link to it...
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
For those who are writing utilities to edit files on the player, you may wish to give instructions on how to send and receive files.

For example, those of you who wrote things like the RAW file converter and the FlanceDoor file editor, might wish to update your readme.txt files with instructions for newbies on how to get the files into their players.

To help with this process, I have created a FAQ entry with step-by-step instructions on the process. Link is here. You are welcome to link this or even to repurpose the text contained therein.

If you are someone who has written a piece of third-party software for the player which needs files moved to its hard disk, I highly recommend you document it in your readme. I hope the work I've done here helps you to accomplish this task.

#72214 - 16/02/2002 09:46 Re: New FAQ entry for those who want to link to it... [Re: tfabris]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
I also want to request that all third-party authors slap up a web page where the latest and greatest can be had. Sourceforge works well for that, OR, you could always just submit it to the downloads section of RioCar.org, which would be just as great. It would help us FAQ writers in including your work in the FAQ's with links to where to download the newest versions.

Thanks!

#72215 - 16/02/2002 11:58 Re: New FAQ entry for those who want to link to it... [Re: loren]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

I don't have a problem with everyone putting their latest and greatest at the Downloads section of Riocar.org. I'd certainly rather link there than to a web page that might change.

#72216 - 18/02/2002 12:01 Re: New FAQ entry for those who want to link to it... [Re: tfabris]
ClownBurner

Loc: Irvine, CA USA
You might want to mention in the FAQ that there's a much easier way with Hijack's FTP server, even if you omit the specifics...

#72217 - 18/02/2002 12:16 Re: New FAQ entry for those who want to link to it... [Re: ClownBurner]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Yeah, that was already in there. One of the very first paragraphs. Even had a link. Did you actually read it?