Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#112969 - 25/08/2002 19:00 Updated version of UpgradeSplitter/UpgradeBuilder
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

I didn't have enough time to update my page or to create the Upgrade files I promissed, but at least I was able to upload my most recent version (which isn't too recent anyway) of my .upgrade splitter and builder programs. Download
[link=www.incase.de/files/empeg/myprogs/UpgradeSplitterBuilder.zip]UpgradeSplitterBuilder.zip[/link] from my web page if interested.
The archive contains source and binaries for Win32, Linux-i386 and Linux-arm.

The later is in preparation for my .upgrade file which will make it possible to upload an upgrade file to the empeg by FTP and to apply it "locally".

Thankfully, HiJack makes it possible to flash the kernel easily, and the ram disk and partitions shouldn't be too hard to do either, with one exception: It can't update the boot partition easily, which is another reason why I like storing the improved boot partition image on /dev/hda2: It is less likely to be updated than /dev/hda5. But we will see how it works out.

cu,
sven

Ps: I attached a source-only version to this post. Note that the Makefile will by default compile both i386 and ARM binaries. Also the Makefile will probably need modification of the CC-arm and OCC-arm variables.

Attachments
111282-UpgradeSplitterBuilder-source.zip (41 downloads)

#112970 - 25/08/2002 19:21 Re: Updated version of UpgradeSplitter/UpgradeBuilder [Re: smu]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Just another short note on the update:
The main change against the previous release is the support for chunk type 0x05 Hardwarerevision).

cu,
sven