Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#147016 - 05/03/2003 10:08 Palantir Webpage and IrDA in Hijack?
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
I put up all the installation instructions and some screenshots for Palantir, a palm -> empeg playlist creator up on my website here. I'll keep updating that webpage with install instructions as they become easier, so we have a reference point.

How can I tell how much overhead (space, really) the irda support in the kernel requires? I think that enough stuff is going on with IrDA right now (TheAmigo, this project) that it would be useful to have it in Hijack, but I'm not sure if Mark wants to include it by default. The relevant options for the kernel are:

CONFIG_IRDA=y
CONFIG_IRCOMM=y (this option could be left out if it is too much.. IrCOMM is kinda broken anyway)
CONFIG_IRTTY_SIR=y

Comments? If it's too much to be included in the default, I can compile up kernels with IrDA support and make them available via my website, but I would rather not if we can get it into Hijack.

#147017 - 05/03/2003 11:05 Re: Palantir Webpage and IrDA in Hijack? [Re: cushman]
maurij

I, for one, cannot wait for an easier installation. I am not currently capabable enough to due the current install and unless I had massive amounts of free time, won't be anytime soon. just voicing my hope that this continues. it would be much appreciated
thanks for the idea and work already put in

#147018 - 05/03/2003 11:11 Re: Palantir Webpage and IrDA in Hijack? [Re: maurij]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
That's my #1 priority right now, an easier install.

Goal state installation would be:

Install Hijack (or pre-compiled kernel)
FTP a few files up to the Empeg
Modify config.ini to start up IrDA and Empire
Install Jemplode, and export database by Tools->Create .pdb (this is what I'm working on now)
Sync to your Palm

#147019 - 05/03/2003 12:29 Re: Palantir Webpage and IrDA in Hijack? [Re: maurij]
eliceo
enthusiast

the screenshots look really cool, and I would love to get this running on my palm/empeg but the the install is still a bit too difficult for me.

#147020 - 06/03/2003 02:56 Re: Palantir Webpage and IrDA in Hijack? [Re: cushman]
maurij

that would be tremendous.