Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#153495 - 06/04/2003 08:01 Ir_translate string broke between Hijack 283 & 320
GeoffT
journeyman

Loc: Coventry, UK
I have posted most of this on the Bug report board, but as I now know it is Hijack related I thought I'd try to catch Mark here.

I have been using the following ir-translate line for ages

B9460D.L=menu,menu,right,OK.L,left,OK

This selects a specific playlist, and selects insert from the Insert menu to put it into the current playlist after the current track.

This has always worked fine

Having upgraded from Hijack 283 to 325 and v2.00 final, I find that after the macro is run the "Insert menu" (Enqueue, Append, Replace, Insert) is left on screen and the playlist has NOT been inserted. As soon as any further key is pressed, the playlist is then inserted but the further key press is acted upon as if the menu was not active. (If I press the "right" button it inserts the playlist but then immediately skips to the next track) .

I have tried adding a ,null at the end of the line and this makes no difference. (infact I tried putting nulls all over the place like salt on chips but still no good !)

If I reduce the string to simply

B9460D.L=menu,menu,right,OK.L

it works OK and I can move within the Insert menu to select Insert, but if I add any further commands to the string (even simply another "OK" to select the default) they are ignored and the menu stays on screen as before.

I have just gone back to 283 (still with v2.00 final) and it works fine again.

#153496 - 13/04/2003 06:06 Re: Ir_translate string broke between Hijack 283 & [Re: GeoffT]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Mmm.. since this thread was cross-posted, I'd like to note here that ir_translate strings using ".L" (to the right of the equal sign) are all broken in current Hijack kernels prior to v331.

Upgrading to Hijack v331 or higher fixes the issue.

Cheers