Hi,
I had a thought while driving home tonight and listening to my empeg and so I am tabling this idea here to 'run it up the flag pole' to see if other might find it useful.

My idea/suggestion is this:

When in Player (or Aux mode too I guess), whenever the Emepg clock reaches 5 or 6 seconds before the hour (on the local clock), could it output some 'time pips' like the BBC does leading into the top of each hour?

The thought behind this is, often while driving in my car I want to catch the local news on the radio - but I often forget to stop listening and then switch to the tuner on the Empeg (or tuner in the head unit) to catch the news.

The time pips would remind me of the 'top of the hour' and then I could switch to my radio station (manually) or simply ignore it and carry on listening - 5 seconds of pips over your music is minimal disruption and the chance of it disturbing your music (if listening while in the car is 24 times a day).

This would be enable-able via config.ini and/or the Hijack options menu (if in the kernel), or via a Userland App if in the Userland space.

Questions are:

1. How difficult would it be to do this?

I would probably suggest a real 6 seconds long WAV file of some real "time pips" is recorded and then this is mixed/played back into the output audio stream (over the currently playing music) at the right time - I think someone was talking about doing something similar for spoken directions already - this is similar. A six second WAV file would be under 1MB

2. Would anyone else find this feature useful?

3. Is it better implemented as a Userland app?