Okay, everyone keeps saying how they would like certain things on a per-song basis.

For example, a per-song EQ setting. Or a per-song visual setting. That sort of thing.

Well I just realized that Hijack could probably do these things with very little trouble. I know, easy for me to say, I don't have to code it. But hear me out...

Here's how I envision it working:

The comments field of the MP3 is filled out. For example, for per-song EQ, I would put the following string in the comments field:

Hijack:Set_My_EQ_to_5

Then, when this song comes along, assuming Hijack has notify:1 enabled for it, it knows the FID of the song, and can read the comment field data from that FID. If it sees the string "Hijack:" as the first chars of the Comment field, then:

It looks for a config.ini section named what your comment says, like this:

[Hijack]
Set_My_EQ_to_5=<<Button commands here to hold down equalizer button then press 5>>

Similar things can be done for a per-song visual.

Now, before you say "but it would be hard to fill out the comment tags of every song", have you done a "select all" in the "All Tracks" soup view lately? You could first add the "Set_My_EQ_to_1" command on every tune, then go in and set your EQs for the ones you want as an exception to the rule. Takes about 30 seconds to set all the tracks as a group, and not much longer to select albums you'd want to EQ differently.

But the beauty of this is its flexibility. You could do a whole lot with a feature like this, it seems to me. How else could something like this be used? Any ideas?