hi you guys,

First i'd like to say that i don't write that much on th BBS but i've seen almost every post and i'm praticing my english because of you all... thank's :-)

Ok. I've got a MK2 (895), a portable (satellite 4100xdvd) and a server jukebox (PII 333, 256 ram pc100, 4 x 30 gig maxtor 7200 rpm u66 in raid 0 on a ultra66 modified in a fasttrack 66, geforce 256 sdr 32 meg, avermedia tv98, soundblaster awe64 ....).

So I've got 50 gigs of mp3 in my jukebox. You'll be disapointed to learn that i'm running win98SE on my 2 PCs.
But it's very stable !!! I boot my server once a month average and my portable more often because of it's kind of utilisation ....

I would like to be able to access my mp3s on th server from the EMPEG when i'm at home. I've got the linksys router with 4 ports so every machine as it's ip and i'm not using th DHCP functionality because of the ftp server (warftp) on the Jukebox and of the web server on the EMPEG.

So the fisrt problem is that the partitions on the server are in fat32. Does this " distribution " used on the empeg can see and understand fat32 if i map it ?

And even if it does, how do i make the shortcut to the other computer ?

Everything is on the same partition so one shortcut to one directory would be fine.

I also would like the displayserver to aknowlege that i'm home and to add the relevant shortcuts.

So i could use the EMPEG to play all mp3 at home but not be limited to the one on my 12gigs hard drive.

Thank you for your time
See you

Jean-Christophe