Okay, v24 of my hijack/menus stuff is now out.

This version includes more code rewrites, mostly to minimize the number of unnecessary screen updates that used to be done (no real impact, but nice to do).

Beginning with v24, I've changed the method used to save/restore various parameters over power cycles. Prior versions stole some bits from the RTC savearea, which was used only by Mk1 players. Now the code steals eight (formerly) unused bytes from near the end of the flash savearea, so that all settings can be saved/restored on both Mk1 and Mk2 players.

This means the screen blanker is now fully functional on Mk1 players.

Other v24 changes include the working thermometer readout ("Vitals" screen), and some subtle changes to gameplay in BreakOut.

Patches and binaries are now up at http://rtr.ca/empeg/ (some folks have already grabbed them, prior to this notice!).

---------

Boring details of savearea: The player saves/restores state information as a 128-byte block in Flash EEPROM, so that settings like the volume/balance/etc.. can survive power cycles. Currently in the v2.00beta3 release, only the first 80-bytes are actually used, plus two more bytes for a CRC at the end of the block. My v24 patch "reserves" the 8-bytes immediately before the CRC. Someday, the player software may or may not evolve to need those bytes, but for now we've "hijacked" them!