Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#148835 - 16/03/2003 02:18 Peugot paddle control info?
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Is there anyone out there that has any info on the stereo control paddle of newer Peugots? (Specifically a '03 206, which I'm considering...)

I found Big Johns project that interfaced the stalk of an older 406, and that had 4 buttons all pulling down to ground when activated. The paddle in the 206 (and I assume other newer Peugots has 5 button (FFW/Tune up, REW/Tune down, SRC, Vol+, Vol-).
Deep down there'e of course the buttons, but there might be electronics already out in the tip of paddle making things hard. The car also has a multiplexed digital bus that replaces a bunch of the traditional wiring...

The factory stereo also interfaces with a center display, showing frequency/RDS info so the new paddle might have a more high-tech interface. Also, if anyone has info on the protocol between the stereo and display that would also be welcome.

I haven't yet tried to squeeze the info out of the dealership, just asked how feasible it was to install an aftermarket HU considering the display...

/Michael

#148836 - 26/03/2003 02:46 Re: Peugot paddle control info? [Re: mtempsch]
eslange
journeyman

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
As being an owner of 206 1.6XS (May 2002), your request is also on my ToDo-list. My car also has such control (SRC control is a rotary button in middle) in combination with complete integrated Radio/CD player. As far I've seen, the control and displaying are over 2 wires (and the GND). The most interesting part will be interfacing with the display, which is (I hope) feasible to do since the build-in radio is a quite standard OEM-factory radio. So lets hope we've no interfacing to that digital bus / multiplexed wiring.

And where is my Empeg in this story?
Well...
I planned to put my empeg in the place of the factory radio when I've all information to integrate it with control+display. At that moment the radio moves to dashboard locker (where my Empeg is running now......don't hit me...)

Keep you in contact when I've made progress (but at the moment busy....very busy).

Cheers

#148837 - 26/03/2003 14:15 Re: Peugot paddle control info? [Re: eslange]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Thanks for the info!

Hmmm, two wires and ground. The control could be a resistor based system like the Sony stalk... but the connection to the display is bound to be some sort of serial.

I could live without empeg info on the built-in screen, but it would be nifty... (do you know if other data, like fuel consumption, also passes through the radio or if it goes to the display through another route?)

Haven't decided yet if I'll go for a new car or keep my VW Polo for a while longer. Will let you know if I do get it.

/Michael