Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#56558 - 08/01/2002 14:13 Anyone know a GOOD installer in the Boston area?
dmob
journeyman

Loc: Boston
Gotta get my empeg installed and I live in the Boston area. I suppose I could try it myself but the last thing I want to do is screw up my dash. I also don't want to go to some chain store like Circuit City or Best Buy. I would like to have it done by someone that really knows what they are doing!!

#56559 - 09/01/2002 11:43 Re: Anyone know a GOOD installer in the Boston area? [Re: dmob]
kazama
enthusiast

Loc: Boston, MA
I would recommend Custom Auto Radio on Rt 1 in Saugus. They helped me fix a lot of problems with my instal and do an excellent job for a reasonable rate. If you want to install yourself, check out my installation instructions page at http://empeg.gregdemetrick.com/empeg2_install.html or I can install it for you at a reasonable cost. The unit is pretty easy to get and you should be able to do it yourself with a little knowledge.

Definately avoid Circut City or Best Buy for instalation. They will completely screw it up and have proven this on multiple occasions.

Greg

BTW, the number is 781-233-3037 for CAR

Edited by kazama (09/01/2002 11:43)

#56560 - 16/01/2002 00:39 Re: Anyone know a GOOD installer in the Boston area? [Re: dmob]
declain
journeyman

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
If you haven't gotten this installed, PM me with make and model of car. I have done empeg installs in three cars now, as well as several high end system installs and may be able to assist.

#56561 - 17/01/2002 12:12 Re: Anyone know a GOOD installer in the Boston area? [Re: kazama]
h0trod
new poster

Loc: Cambridge, MA
Can you give me any guidance as to what I should expect to pay? I live in the Boston area (Cambridge actually), and might be giving Custom Auto Radio a call. I have a '96 Miata, with a head unit that has Aux inputs in the top DIN slot. What I'll need to have done is have that moved to the bottom DIN slot, and have the Empeg installed in the top slot, using the Aux In's on my head unit. The head unit was originally installed by Best Buy at the time of purchase.. I think it was in the $50-$75 range? My memory is crap. I suppose what I'm asking is if I should expect one of these custom shops to be significantly more expensive.

Thanks,
Jay

#56562 - 18/01/2002 11:18 Re: Anyone know a GOOD installer in the Boston area? [Re: h0trod]
ithoughti
old hand

Loc: Boston, MA USA
I live in Reading, MA about 10 miles from the Saugus area. About a year and a half ago I had my empeg installed in my '95 4Runner at Auto Coustics on Rt. 1 in Lynnfield (next to Saugus). I have a double DIN slot so I left my cd head unit in. The DIN opening needed a bit of a trim to make everything fit right. The guys at Auto Coustics had actually heard of the empeg before (though never installed one) and they did a great job, all for about $85. not too bad. I've been very happy with the work that they did and would recommend them to anyone.

//m

#56563 - 18/01/2002 11:46 Re: Anyone know a GOOD installer in the Boston area? [Re: ithoughti]
h0trod
new poster

Loc: Cambridge, MA
Hey ithoughti,

Thanks for the info, i'll check them out. I lived in Wakefield most of my life and have a few friends from Reading.

#56564 - 18/01/2002 12:04 Re: Anyone know a GOOD installer in the Boston area? [Re: h0trod]
ithoughti
old hand

Loc: Boston, MA USA
no problem. since you live so close, if you are new to the empeg world and have any questions about it or want to see my install, feel free to email me -- [email protected] or maybe you want to see one of those rare MK 1 's (my roommate has one) we are pretty versed in the empeg arena, so feel free to use us.

//matt

#56565 - 22/01/2002 11:30 Re: Anyone know a GOOD installer in the Boston area? [Re: ithoughti]
kazama
enthusiast

Loc: Boston, MA
On the same note. If you want to see my install in the Odyssey, feel free to drop me a line as well. I live in Peabody so maybe a short meet in Wakefield might be in order.

Greg