Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#14383 - 17/08/2000 15:54 New User / Installing in a Grand Cherokee
Tensor
new poster

Loc: Argentina
Hi all,
i will be receiving my empeg soon (i hope) i placed the order on monday.

I am planning to install it in a G.Cherokee with the standards speakers (surprisingly good 4-set of Infinity Gold) and a 10 inch Sub. Which is what is hooked up now to the std cd-changer (WHAT?, only 360 mins of music? BLAH!)

I would really like to have a word with the genious that decided that this SUV had to come with a 1 1/2 DIN stereo, i hope i can get an adapter.

Anyways, i wanted to say hi to all.

All the Best

Tens

Why isnt my empeg here yet?
[email protected]

#14384 - 21/08/2000 14:29 Re: New User / Installing in a Grand Cherokee [Re: Tensor]
ccrobin
stranger

Loc: Minnesota, USA
Hi,

I am going to be getting my invitation to order this week (I hope). I am also just placing my order for a new Grand Cherokee, so I have been investigating an Empeg install for a while. I can assure you that you can find an adapter for 1.5 DIN. Also, if you have the factory Infinity stereo system in the truck, you do not need to purchase & install an amp. The infinity head unit uses a seperate amp mounted behind the dash. If you get an adapter from PAC (http://www.go2pac.com/prod12.htm) you can just plug into the existing amp - with no need to mess with grounding, ect. From what I've heard it works great! Also, if you have the steering wheel mounted stereo contols, PAC also has a converter that will allow you to control basic functions of the Empeg from your steering wheel controls.

Have fun, and let me know how it goes. I'm excited for mine. :)

Live in US and Wanna sell your MKI? E-mail me. :)

#14385 - 21/08/2000 22:58 Re: New User / Installing in a Grand Cherokee [Re: Tensor]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
FYI, I just picked up an 1.5Din to Din adapter for my Wrangler which has the same mounting needs as the GC at best buy for $15. Kind of ugly though. I wish someone would come up with an attractive way to put a standard DIN unit in an oversized hole.

-Mike