Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#20546 - 17/10/2000 10:50 Subaru Legacy (2000) install
bwoody
new poster

The empeg doesnt fit in this car. The mounting brackets for the factory stereo are too narrow, and the plastic trim is in the way. I removed the trim, and removed the blank area below the factory stereo. Then I basically forced the empeg's car mount into the space, bending the factory metal to accommodate it. Its not the easiest install, but it will fit if you force it. I had to mount the empeg a little further into the dash than the factory system so that the plastic trim would fit over it. The empeg looks pretty good, but since I didnt want to cut my factory trim, I have to pull the dash apart whenever I want to remove the unit.

#20547 - 17/10/2000 11:05 Re: Subaru Legacy (2000) install [Re: bwoody]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I believe that others have already been through the same thing you've just been through. There are instructions elsewhere in the Installation Notes forum on how to cut the dash trim so that it'll pull out properly. Let's see if I can find it...

Ah, yes, here it is. Another Subaru model, but probably the same dash trim issues.