Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#28303 - 17/03/2001 18:15 feeding empeg into HU question
Tofudebeest
new poster

I have a Blaupunkt Heidelberg and an empeg that I'm installing in my Jetta. I've already wired up the wiring harnesses, and the heidelberg and empeg both turn out and work fine, and the heidelberg works great on CD, AM, and FM. The only thing I have left to do (besides actually install the units in the dash) is feed the empeg into the heidelberg as aux. The empeg has its 4 RCA, and for the heidelberg I'm going to need an aux input adapter it seems. However the one on their website just has a male miniplug thing... is there one with 4 RCAs, or should I get an RCA to miniplug adapter or something? Am I going to lose two of my channels? How should I hook this up?

Thx

#28304 - 18/03/2001 09:57 Re: feeding empeg into HU question [Re: Tofudebeest]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Am I going to lose two of my channels? How should I hook this up?

All aux-inputs are two channels (L/R) only.

The Empeg doesn't really have four channels. It's the same as every other car stereo: It has two channels that can be faded between front and rear. The only reason there's four outputs is so that you can control the fader from the front panel instead of having to reach into the trunk every time you want to adjust the front/rear balance.

Okay, there's also the ability to EQ the empeg's fronts and the rears differently, but you wouldn't be using that if you're feeding it into the Blaupunkt anyway.

So just choose one pair of outputs (either the fronts or the rears), plug them into the aux-in, and leave the empeg's fader set to "centre".

I can't help you with the details of the actual physical plugs themselves, as I don't know how things are connected.

#28305 - 18/03/2001 11:47 Re: feeding empeg into HU question [Re: tfabris]
Tofudebeest
new poster

Thanks - I figured that was it... just wanted to make sure I wasn't giving up control or sound quality or anything.