Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#35122 - 26/07/2001 13:07 Seat Arosa (similar to Volksagon Lupo)
tigloo

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Does anybody know how to get the power wire for the amp from the battery into the passenger room?

I don't want to drill but wasn't able to move the cable along the car's cable trunk - it was hardly reachable.

Till

#35123 - 26/07/2001 13:33 Re: Seat Arosa (similar to Volksagon Lupo) [Re: tigloo]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Running cable through the firewall is always a difficult job-- on any car.

There should be several places where things go through the firewall, you can usually share one of those openings. You don't necessarily try to get your wire to run through the same cabling trunk, but rather locate the rubber seal on the firewall and cut a small hole in that for your wire (sealing it afterwards with RTV, of course). That's what I did on my Accord.

It's definitely not an easy job. Don't expect it to be a walk in the park.

#35124 - 28/07/2001 01:32 Re: Seat Arosa (similar to Volksagon Lupo) [Re: tfabris]
tigloo

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Well, I didn't expect it to be easy but I expected it to be less time-consuming. :)

Here's the solution for the Arosa:

There's one or two cable trunks that pass the firewall, but they're sealed so well that it is impossible to put another cable through there. Apart from that, there's only the mechanical stuff - with one exception, a hole near right under the pedals behind a plastic cover. However, this is too close to the engine and the pedal mechanism, it's dangerous to put the cable there.

Standing in front of the car, the solution is a hidden hole at the bottom right corner of the window. There's a cable that is used for opening the motor room which runs "stealthed" at the inside of the motor room to the lock. One will have to remove the rubber water seal and carefully bend away the plastic cover that is attached to the window, then you can reach the cable break-through with your hand.

The other side of the breakthrough can be found when removing the cover of the fuse box at the inside (you will have to remove the fuse box and the surrounding part of the armature). Grab through the hole and then go straight up (I wasn't able to find the hole itself, but I was able to find the cable).

Make sure that the cable, while pushing through the hole into car, doesn't get behind the isolation at the firewall, eventually you will have to remove it a bit.

Anyway, after that - it was not too hard. :)

Till