Friends, Empeggers, countrymen, I need your help! (And, yes, I'm reading through the FAQ as you read this).

I'm getting my Mark I installed in my Nissan NX (finally!) by a professional installer. Basically he's hooked up the chassis on his test rig - black to ground, yellow to 12V - and found 15V output on the orange 'accessory' wire. He therefore didn't install it because of fears that it would have cooked something important in my car's electronics. Is this something to worry about?

I do trust him generally - he's done a very good install (on a non-Empeg stereo) on a friend's car and he's won all sorts of awards for his demo cars. He also fixed the blown bulb in the dashboard and fitted a stereo I purchased from elsewhere for a pretty reasonable sum. And I have little experience with car installations so I don't know for sure one way or another.

But I couldn't find any of the old documentation for the Mark I to explain whether that was in fact the accessory wire or something else. The Mark II manual is the only one I could find on the empeg.com site - anyone got a copy of the old manual to hand in PDF format?

He also encountered the old problem with the leads out of the Mark I needing resoldering and/or re-insulating: slot the Mark I into the chassis one time and it all sounds fine; do it again and there's pops and crackles all over the place. Can someone just confirm my dodgy memory that this was a problem with Mark Is and that I should just unscrew the docking connector and resolder the various connections to fix this?

Thanks very much in advance,

Paul